Vic’s Family Pharmacy is a compounding pharmacy that meets the compounding needs of OBGYNs and women throughout Idaho. Our compounding pharmacists have the ability to custom compound medications in our state-of-the-art compounding laboratory located in Nampa, ID. We compound medications that improve therapeutic outcomes, reduce side effects, and save patients time and money.
When to Compound for Obstetrics & Gynecology
Compounding medications for diseases that affect women is essential in these instances:
- Your first line therapy fails
- A commercially manufactured medication is on backorder or discontinued
- Your patient has a medical necessity which requires an alternative dosage form or strength be utilized, outside of what is commercially available
- Your patient has an allergy or side effect to a commercially available product
- The medical condition and/or medical history of the patient, is such, that it requires the use of multiple therapies combined into one medication
Benefits of Compounding for OBGYNs
You can use the power of pharmacy compounding to benefit your patients’ well being, and to support your position as a problem solving medical specialist within your community. Utilizing compounding as a treatment option allows you to accrue the following benefits:
- Expand your treatment armamentarium, and develop a highly satisfied patient base
- Distinguish your medical practice from that of other providers in your field of medicine, and grow your practice
- Be assured of competitive, affordable prices that make treatment possible and practical for you and your patients
Vic’s Family Pharmacy - Compounding for Common Conditions that Affect Women
We have the ability to compound medications for the following common conditions you treat:
- Sexual Dysfunction/Disorders
Creating Customized Delivery Forms for OBGYNs
We can create medications in the following delivery forms that will increase compliance, reduce the stress of administration, and maximize the potential for therapeutic success:
- Vaginal/Rectal Suppositories
- Flavored Oral Suspensions
Compounding Safe & Legal
Our compounding pharmacy must comply with the regulations set forth by the State Board of Pharmacy. The State Board of Pharmacy sets and enforces regulations for compounding, just as it does for traditional pharmacy. The ingredients used by our pharmacy to make compounds come from FDA-registered and inspected facilities.
Vic’s Family Pharmacy - OBGYNs’ Trusted Compounding Resource!
Our pharmacists have received extensive training in compounding techniques and have access to a support network that generates a constant exchange of ideas and innovations. We are active members of the Professional Compounding Centers of America (PCCA) & the International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists (IACP).
Our goal is to make sure that you and your patients receive high-quality compounded medications at the most competitive prices. Our Pharmacy accepts prescriptions from licensed prescribers via the phone, fax, or hard copy. By law, we are not allowed to dispense any compounded medications without an authorized prescription from a licensed prescriber. We would be happy to speak with you regarding questions you may have about compounding or the prescribing process. Call us today - You’ll be glad you did!