Compounding Medications for Exotic Pets
Exotic pets can encompass numerous animal species, and there are almost no commercially made medications for specific exotic species. That’s why customizing compounded medications for exotics makes so much sense.
At Vic’s Family Pharmacy, located in Nampa, ID, we specialize in formulating medications for exotic pets that meet the most stringent compounding standards. We can help you and your veterinarian find the medication that best fits your exotic pet’s needs; in a delivery form and strength that increases compliance, reduces side effects, and eliminates the stress of medication administration.
Benefits of a Compounded Medication
Our highly trained pharmacists have the ability to custom make medications in our state of the art compounding laboratory. This process is called “prescription compounding”. Compounding medications allows for:
- Unique delivery vehicles to be utilized (i.e., treats, topical gels, flavored oral suspensions, etc.). These unique forms of delivery may make administering medications easier, more pleasant, and potentially more effective.
- Medicines to be concentrated based on individual need; which maximizes therapeutic outcomes while potentially reducing side effects.
- Multiple medications to be combined to form a customized medication. This may speed the healing process and save consumers valuable time and money, eliminating the need of switching from one therapy to the next.
Vic’s Family Pharmacy - Compounding Medications for Most Exotic Pet Species
We have the facilities and technology to custom make medications for animals of all shapes and sizes including:
• Ferrets • Rabbits • Gerbils • Frogs & Toads • Lizards • Guinea Pigs
• Turtles • Snakes • Hamsters • Insects • As well as animals in Zoos & Aquariums!
Creating Customized Delivery Forms for Exotic Pets
We can create medications in the following delivery forms that will increase compliance, reduce the stress of administration, and maximize the potential for therapeutic success:
•Chewable Treats •Oral Pastes •Oral Suspensions •Sublingual Drops • Topical Gels •Powders
•And many more!
Is a Compounded Prescription Right for My Exotic Pet?
- Talk to your Veterinarian - Discuss compounding as a treatment option, and let your veterinarian know you heard about prescription compounding from Vic’s Family Pharmacy.
- Contact Us - To inquire about potential treatment strategies, and how Vic’s Family Pharmacy can help your bird.