|HIGH QUALITY NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS
Nutritional supplements can help you fill in the nutritional gaps in your diet. However, they will work best when you take the proper supplement, and the proper dosage. The staff at Vic’s Family Pharmacy can help you identify the proper supplements you need, in order to help you achieve nutritional balance.
Pharmaceutical Grade Supplements & Vitamins
At Vic’s we understand the importance of taking the best care of your body and your health. We have researched the overwhelming number of companies who make supplements and vitamins and now carry our own private labeled pharmaceutical grade supplement line.
The success of any supplement program depends on a quality product. Our product line is quality assured. The vendors selected to provide the pharmaceutical-grade products for our private labeled line can offer you:
Testing for Quality
• Certified independent laboratories test raw materials and finished products.
• Using the most advanced equipment and testing methods including HPLC, ICP, GFAA and FT-IR, our suppliers verify the potency and purity of ingredients.
• Microbiological testing is performed to ensure supplement purity and safety.
• Our ingredients are sourced from trusted industry leaders in the United States, Europe, and Japan, and are tested for purity and potency by certified independent labs.
• Standardizations of herbal extracts are provided to indicate primary active marker compounds.
• Our manufacturers are NSF International and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) registered.
• ISO 9001 Quality Management System certified.
• ISO 17025 accreditation of in-house laboratories performing chemical, physical and microbial testing.
• Health Canada and European Union GMP certified.
• Written standard operating procedures (SOPs) to comply with current GMPs ensuring consistent quality.
• Finished products meet and often exceed USP specifications.
• Certificates of analysis available.
Vitamin & Supplement Consultation
Taking vitamins or supplements without first consulting with your health care team can put you at risk.
“Many supplements contain active ingredients that have strong biological effects in the body. This could make them unsafe in some situations and hurt or complicate your health. For example, the following actions could lead to harmful — even life-threatening — consequences.
Some supplements can also have unwanted effects before, during, and after surgery. So, be sure to inform your health-care provider, including your pharmacist, about any supplements you are taking — especially before surgery.” (fda.gov)
- Using supplements with medications (whether prescription or over-the-counter)
- Substituting supplements for prescription medicines
- Taking too much of some supplements, such as vitamin A, vitamin D, and iron
Our pharmacists can help you understand what you need, in what dosage forms, and at what quantity. Let us help you quickly navigate through your options and decide on the vitamins and supplements that best meet your needs. Don’t risk your health or spend unnecessary money on supplements without first receiving the proper guidance from our highly knowledgeable and trained pharmacy staff!